Have your perspective on clean electricity published
A letter to the editor can help us win 100% renewable power for all
A letter to the editor is a simple and effective way to put clean electricity on the radar of people in our community. The editorial pages are among the most-read sections of a news outlet, so a published letter can really get people thinking and talking about the benefits that clean electricity can provide to our communities and the climate.
Research has shown that people’s opinions are more likely to be influenced by their peers and community members than by experts, so your letter can have a real impact.
Share your views and help us reach our goal of 100 published letters to the editor, with at least one from each province and territory.
Here are some suggested speaking points for your letter:
- Introduce yourself (i.e., I’m a grandparent, student, Indigenous person, scientist, tradesperson, new Canadian, etc.).
- The latest UN report on climate change states clearly that we must end fossil fuel supremacy while accelerating climate solutions by directing funding to proven, cost-effective, widely available climate solutions.
- In Canada, it’s time for 100 per cent clean electricity to power our homes and lives. Not only is it possible, it’s more affordable and will improve air quality and drastically reduce our carbon emissions.
- The upcoming Federal Clean Electricity Regulations and other measures need to enable the massive scaling up of wind, solar, energy storage and energy efficiency measures.
- Explain how you feel about climate change and the transition to renewable energy.
Your name, email and postal code will be included automatically at the end of your message. Do not write in this information at the bottom of your message.