You contacted your councilor and the Mayor about the budget and they listened! Council made amendments to the budget including:
- $22.9 million to acquire land for affordable housing projects.
- $53 million in deep energy retrofits to city facilities in support of climate resiliency.
- $11.2 million to buy emissions-neutral city vehicles.
- $100 million to implement the city-wide bike lane network.
- $34 million to expand the district energy network.
Now council not only needs to secure support from the federal and provincial governments, it also needs to consider other initiatives to build a better Edmonton. Stay tuned.