Signify your commitment to reducing waste and supporting the oceans by signing our zero waste pledge
In Canada, nearly 90 per cent of plastics end up in landfills, incinerators, lakes, parks and oceans.
We can do better! Let’s reduce over consumption of plastic and improve management of recyclable residues.
A world without single-use plastic is possible.
I agree to adopt one or more of the proposed actions:
- REFUSE single-use plastic items that I can do without
- ASK for reusable cutlery and pass on plastic straws in restaurants
- REPLACE single-use items with reusable items
- GIVE UP non-recyclable, plastic, disposable items
- PROMOTE the choice of single-use items made of eco-responsible materials
- BUY items that contain recycled plastic
- PICK UP plastic debris in cities and natural areas
- REDUCE the amount in my recycling bin without increasing the size of the bin
- APPLY 5Rs: refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle and rot/compost
- ASPIRE to a zero waste lifestyle