Signify your commitment to reducing waste and supporting the oceans by signing our zero waste pledge
In Canada, nearly 90 per cent of single-use plastics end up in landfills, incinerators, lakes, parks and oceans.
We can do better! Let’s reduce over consumption of plastic and improve management of recyclable residues.
A world without single-use plastic is possible.
I agree to adopt one or more of the proposed actions:
- REFUSE single-use plastic items.
- ASK for reusable cutlery and pass on plastic straws in restaurants.
- REPLACE single-use items with reusable items.
- GIVE UP non-recyclable, plastic, disposable items.
- OPT for items that contain recycled plastic if non-plastic isn’t available.
- PICK UP plastic debris.
- RECYCLE all plastic waste.
- APPLY 5Rs: refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle and rot (compost).
- ASPIRE to a zero waste lifestyle.
- SUPPORT a federal ban on single-use plastics.