Subscribe to the Queen of Green Digest
David Suzuki’s Queen of Green gives you tips and recipes to live sustainably
It’s a simple and fun way to keep textile waste out of the landfill and embrace reduce, reuse and recycle fashionably!
Clothing swap do’s
- Invite friends, family, neighbours, and/or co-workers. Suggest a limit like five to 10 used clothing items, accessories, and/or shoes.
- Stick with a season. Fall or spring is when most of us clean out our closets
- Include a swap as part of your regular girls’ night, Book Club, play date, etc.
- Request clean and gently used items only.
- Emphasize that all sizes welcome!
- Have at least one full-body mirror handy.
- Donate leftover items to a local charity.
Here’s a handy invite you can download and customise:
Clothing swap don’ts
- No gonch, bras, or bathing suits.
- No damaged or dirty items.
- No rummaging through piles or racks with your elbows out!
Not sure if an item in your wardrobe qualifies to be swapped? Ask yourself, “Would I give this to my best friend?”. If not, leave it out.