Community fundraiser terms and conditions
As the community fundraiser, you agree to:
- Clearly state the percentage of proceeds or portion of sales that will be donated to us on all promotional material (including but not limited to letters, brochures, media releases, flyers, website content and advertising).
- Indemnify and hold harmless the David Suzuki Foundation, its officers, directors, and employees, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, fines and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any claims or suits, or threats of suits which may be brought against the David Suzuki Foundation for any reason whatsoever in connection with the fundraiser including, but not limited to, claims related to personal injury related to the fundraiser. The organizers’ obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this agreement.
As the community fundraiser you will not:
- Raise money on commission.
- Conduct a fundraiser or event that encourages/involves behaviour counter to our mission and/or programmatic activities.
- Conduct a fundraiser or event involving the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or appear to endorse a political activity.
- Perform direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet).
- Provide our “Proudly Supporting” logo (available in English, French and bilingual versions) for you to use on websites, promotional materials, email and social media, subject to our approval in each instance.
- Allow you to use our name on websites, promotional materials, email and social media, subject to our approval in each instance.
- Provide a tax receipt for your donation if the fundraising activity complies with Canada Revenue Agency charitable gifts regulations.
We do not:
- Allow our “Proudly Supporting” logo to be used on any product or product packaging.
- Send out media releases, social media mentions or do outreach or publicity for your fundraiser.
- Provide access to David Suzuki.
- Endorse a product, service or company.
- Provide banners, signs or use of Foundation property.
- Allow the use of any Foundation branding material, except the “Proudly Supporting” logo.
- Provide staff or volunteer speakers or support at fundraising locations or events.
- Allow third-party revenues and expenses to flow through the Foundation; only final net proceeds will be processed.
- Hold financial liability for the promotion and or staging of the community fundraiser.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the use of our name at any time.
- If the fundraiser is cancelled or rescheduled, the organizer will notify us as soon as possible. If it is an event, notification will be at least 24 hours before the event date.
- Please abide by all consumption and/or sale of intoxicating beverages laws in your province.