Help restore biodiversity in Canada’s coastal waters!
Let’s make safeguarding whales, creating marine protection networks, rebuilding fish populations, phasing out open net-pen fish farms and protecting marine species at risk top priorities for the federal government.
Charting a course to healthy oceans requires a solid plan. Here are some marine policy recommendations we have put forward to the federal government:
- Advance and support marine spatial planning.
- Rebuild fisheries stocks.
- Implement the Species at Risk Act.
- Prioritize implementation of the revised Fisheries Act.
- Recognize and support Indigenous marine protection, legal traditions and enforcement.
Tell Federal party leaders it’s time for Canada to make significant investments in nature, instead of subsidizing the fossil fuel industry.