Ask city council to support Calgary’s climate strategy
On July 5, 2022, Calgary council will vote on a proposed climate strategy that will help the city reach its goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. It’s a promising pathway to a sustainable, resilient future for the city.
Mayor Jyoti Gondek and many city councillors are serving their first terms, and they need to know your climate concerns. The more they hear from residents who want strong climate action, the more likely they’ll be to champion climate-friendly initiatives that will make Calgary a more equitable, sustainable and healthy place to live.
Email your councillor and the mayor now.
Councillors want to hear your thoughts, so consider personalizing the email. These points may help:
- Introduce yourself (e.g., I’m a Calgary resident, grandmother, immigrant, student, renter, etc.).
- Let them know why climate action is important to you.
- Remind them that the City of Calgary promised leadership, and now is the time for them to demonstrate it.
- Let your councillor know you want them to support the climate strategy and champion initiatives that will make Calgary and your community sustainable.
- Ask them not to delay climate action.