Support 100% clean electricity in Canada by 2035
Call your MP to show support for affordable, reliable clean electricity
Affordable, reliable, clean electricity can help Canada meet its climate targets and bring economic, health and climate benefits to communities.
Canada has committed to 100 per cent net-zero-emissions electricity by 2035, and government is now discussing rules and regulations to achieve this goal.
We need your help! Big oil lobbyists are trying hard to get a long list of exemptions, extensions and loopholes in the policy. If they get their way, Canada will miss this important 2035 target. We could even end up with an electricity grid with more fossil fuels than we have today.
We need you to call your MP and show your support for clean electricity!
A direct phone call to your member of Parliament’s office can make a big difference. Please use the following points rearranged to suit you:
- Introduce yourself (E.g., I’m a grandmother, father, immigrant, farmer, student, etc.).
- Tell them you want them to support strong clean electricity regulations that actually achieve zero-emissions electricity by 2035, and stop new fossil fuels on the grid.
- If your MP is a member of the Liberal Party ask them to:
- Voice their support for zero-emissions electricity by 2035 within caucus to encourage Prime Minister Trudeau and Ministers Willkinson and Guilbeault implement a strong, effective the clean electricity regulations.
- If your MP is a member of the New Democratic Party ask them to:
- Voice their support for zero-emissions electricity by 2035 within caucus, and encourage NDP leader Jagmeet Singh raises the profile of the clean electricity regulations as part of the confidence-and-supply agreement with government MPs.
- If your MP is a member of any other party, ask them to:
- Voice their support for zero-emissions electricity by 2035 within caucus, and encourage their party leader knows the jobs, health and energy security benefits of strong, effective clean electricity regulations for every region in Canada.
- If you get to have a conversation with your MP, consider telling them why you support renewable energy, and why it’s important to you. You could mention that wind and solar are now the cheapest forms of electricity in history, or that you want strong climate action in the face of intensifying weather disasters. Or, maybe you work in clean energy, or know someone who does. Feel free to make it personal in your conversation.
To learn more, visit the Clean, Renewable Electricity project page.