“Land governance: Towards a more just future” (webinar recording)
This recording captures a live webinar discussion of Indigenous rights and responsibilities.
To help better understand the root causes of conflicts over land use and resource extraction in Canada, and to explore potential pathways to a more just framework for land governance, the conversation examines Indigenous sovereignty, jurisdiction and the concept of “land back.”
- Aimée Craft, associate professor, University of Ottawa
- Doug White, QC, Lawyer and Chair, BC First Nations Justice Council
- Danika Billie Littlechild, assistant professor, Carleton University
- Marilyn Baptiste, former chief, Xeni Gwet’in First Nation
- Rachel Plotkin, boreal project manager, David Suzuki Foundation
Working with Indigenous colleagues, we also co-produced three short videos that examine past, present and future land governance in Canada. We recommend watching the first two ahead of this recording. The third screens during the webinar.